giropay Frequently Asked Questions
- What is giropay?
- Which banks will allow me to deposit via giropay?
- Do I need to set up any account with giropay to deposit?
- How do I fund my account using giropay?
- In which currency is my giropay Account debited?
- Are there any fees associated with giropay?
- How long does it take to receive the money transferred into my account?
- Can I withdraw to giropay?
- Is it safe to use giropay?
1. What is giropay?
giropay is an on-line banking facility in Germany. It is a quick, secure and simple solution to process payments on the Internet.
2. Which banks will allow me to deposit via giropay?
3. Do I need to set up any account with giropay to deposit?
No, you only need to have a bank account with one of participating banks in question two (and funds in that bank account, of course!).
4. How do I fund my account using giropay?
To fund your account, you must first register and verify your bank account, as described in step 3 above. Once you have done this, you can:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the 'Cashier' tab and select 'Deposit'.
- You will now see the giropay logo. To select this deposit option simply click on the icon.
- Enter or select your deposit amount and bonus code (if applicable), then click on 'Deposit'.
- Enter your Bank account and sort code details and click 'Deposit'.
- You will now be redirected to giropay.
- Enter your online banking login details.
- Confirm the amount requested to be deposited to your Account.
- You will receive an instant confirmation and you will be redirected back to the Cashier.
5. In which currency is my giropay Account debited?
Your giropay account will be debited in EUR.
6. Are there any fees associated with giropay?
We do not charge a fee for giropay deposits. giropay may charge you a fee based on their fee structure. Please refer to http://www.giropay.de/ for more details.
7. How long does it take to receive the money transferred into my account?
The money will be transferred to your account instantly.
8. Can I withdraw to giropay?
giropay is currently only available as a deposit option.
9. Is it safe to use giropay?
With giropay, you can make totally secure online banking transactions. All your transactions and sensitive data are protected by the latest and most sophisticated security systems available.